Legalease Home page
Regulates businesses


Professions (regulated)

The following professions are regulated in the UK. Further information can be obtained from the relevant professional body.



Chartered Architectural Technologist

Chartered Builder
Chartered Building Surveyor
Chartered Building Services Engineer
Chartered Chemical Engineer
Chartered Civil Engineer 
Chartered Energy Engineer 
Chartered Engineer
Chartered Gas Engineer 
Chartered IT Professional  Chartered Land Surveyor
Chartered Marine Engineer
Chartered Minerals Surveyor
Chartered Mining Engineer
Chartered Petroleum Engineer
Chartered Physicist
Chartered Quantity Surveyor
Chartered Scientist
Chartered Structural Engineer

Chartered Surveyor
Chartered Valuation Surveyor
Engineering Technician
ICT Technician (ICTTech)
Incorporated Engineer
MCIWEM (Member of the Chartered Institution of Water & Environmental Management
Member of the Chartered Institution of Mechanical Engineers
Member of the Institution of Engineering & Technology - MIET
MRAes (Member of the Royal Aeronautical Society 

Member of Landscape Institute (CMLI)


Associate of the ifs School of Finance (Aifs)
Chartered Accountant
Chartered Certified Accountant
Chartered Financial Planner
Chartered Insurance Broker
Chartered Insurance Practitioner
Chartered Insurer 
Chartered Loss Adjuster
Chartered Management Accountant
Chartered Public Finance Accountant

Chartered Secretary
Chartered Tax Adviser
Member of the Chartered Institute of Bankers - ACIBS 

Healthcare and medical professions


 (Advocate, Barrister, Solicitor, Licensed Conveyancer)



Chartered Arbitrator
Chartered Biologist 
Chartered Chemist
Chartered Colourist
Chartered Environmental Health Officer (Scotland)
Chartered Environmental Health Practitioner 
Chartered Forester
Chartered Geographer
Chartered Geologist
Chartered Manager
Chartered Marketer
Chartered Mathematician
Chartered Measurement & Control Technologist
Chartered Meteorologist
Chartered Safety and Health Practitioner - CFIOSH
Chartered Safety and Health Practitioner - CMIOSH
Chartered Shipbroker
Chartered Statistician
Chartered Teacher of the Royal Academy of Dance
Chartered Textile Technologist
Chartered Town Planner
Chartered Waste Manager
CIH Chartered Member (CIHCM)
CILIP (Chartered Institute of Library & Information Professional)
EHO FREHIS (Royal Environmental Health Institute of Scotland)
EHO MREHIS (Royal Environmental Health Institute of Scotland
Environmental Health Officer (Scotland)
Licentiate of the Society of Dyers and Colourists
Licentiate of the Textile Institute
M.Hort (RHS) (Royal Horticultural Society)
MIMMM (Institute of Materials, Minerals & Mining)
MLI (Landscape Institute)
MRINA (Royal Institution of Naval Architects)

[Page updated: 10/05/2014]


Back to Regulated businesses list>