Legalease Home page
Regulated businesses

Gas Engineers

Under the Gas Safety (Installation and Use) Regulations 1998 no person may carry out any work in relation to a gas fitting or gas storage vessel unless he is competent to do so. This covers boilers, cookers, fires and all other gas appliances.

An engineer must be registered with the Gas Safe Register to carry out this work. The law is enforced by the Health and Safety Executive.

gas safety engineer logo

For further information, visit the Health and Safety Executive website.

The Gas Safe Register has its own website.

Back to Regulated businesses list>

gas safety engineers logo